Terms & Conditions
1. Tentative Bookings – Will be held for a period of 5 working days from the date of quotation unless other arrangements have been made.
2. Confirmation – An event is confirmed when Karstens receives the “booking or quote form” dated and signed returned by e-mail or electronically confirmed through our online confirmation form.
3. Deposit – No deposit is required for events up to $5,000.00 – For events over $5,000.00 a 50% deposit is required, invoices are sent after the event
4. Client Cancellations – Cancellations need to be notified by e-mail. No cancellations charges apply for events cancelled 15 days before the event date. Cancellation fourteen (14) days prior to the event date will be charged 100% of quoted costs.
5. COVID Restrictions – In the event that your scheduled event has to be cancelled due to government COVID restrictions, Karstens will cancel the event and no charges apply.
6. Final Details – Menus, beverage arrangements, audio visual requirements, room set-ups, starting and finishing times must be confirmed at least 3 working days prior to the event.
7. Commencement and Vacating of Rooms – The Client agrees to begin the event and vacate the designated conference space at the scheduled times agreed upon. Karstens charges a $100.00 per hour additional fee for bookings that run over the agreed time as per function detail sheet.
8. Guaranteed Numbers – Guaranteed number of participants are required a minimum of 3 working days prior to the event. Charges will be based on guaranteed numbers or final head count, whichever is greater.
9. Payment – All invoices require full payment within seven (7) days after the conclusion of the event, unless other arrangements have been made. Payments not received within 30 days after the event will incur a 2% monthly interest charge. Any costs associated with debt collection are charged to the client.
10. Prices – Will be confirmed by email as detailed in the “Booking Form”.
11. Security – Karstens will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to equipment or merchandise left on the premises prior to, during, or after the function. Our manager will be pleased to discuss arrangements with you.
12. Compliance – Clients will be responsible to ensure the orderly behavior of their guests and Karstens reserves the right to intervene where it sees fit.
13. Damages – Clients will assume responsibility for any and all damages caused during the function by any of their guests or any other person attending the event.
14. External Caterers – Clients are not permitted to bring in their own caterers or beverages unless prior arrangements with Karstens have been made. A charge will apply in the event permission is given.
15. Substitute Rooms – Karstens reserves the right to assign another room of similar standard or better to that previously booked at no additional cost for the event. In the event the room originally designated for such function is not available or inappropriate in the opinion of Management.
16. Displays and signage – Nothing is to be nailed, screwed or adhered in any way to any wall, door or other part
of the building unless prior permission is granted by Karstens.
17. Deliveries – Equipment or manuals delivered for an event must be directed to the attention of the conference coordinator with the event name and date clearly stated. Equipment or manuals delivered prior to the start of the function cannot be stored unless prior arrangements have been made. All deliveries should be made Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm to:
Auckland: tower 1, level 4, 205 Queen Street, Auckland, 1010 New Zealand
Melbourne: level 9, 123 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000;
Sydney: level 1, 111 Harrington Street, The Rocks, NSW 2000;
Brisbane: level 24, 215 Adelaide Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Perth: level 1, 111 St. Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
18. Circumstances beyond the control of Karstens – Should Karstens be unable to provide for your Event due to circumstances beyond our control, Management is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
19. Items not collected – Any items that have not been collected after the function will be disposed of within 14 days
20. Affiliate venue booking – Any affiliate booking, booked by Karstens on the client’s request, the Terms & Conditions of the affiliate venue apply.