Mediation Terms and Conditions
1. Tentative Bookings – Will be held for a period of 5 working days from the date of quotation unless other arrangements have been made.
2. Confirmation – A mediation is confirmed when the invoice has been paid by all parties and Karstens receives the “booking or quote form” dated and signed returned by e-mail. Or electronically confirmed through our online confirmation form.
3. Client Cancellations – Cancellations need to be notified by e-mail. No cancellations charges apply for mediations cancelled fifteen (15) days before the mediation date. Cancellation fourteen (14) days prior to the mediation date will be charged 100% of quoted cost.
4. Final Details – Menus, beverage arrangements, audio visual requirements, room set-ups, starting and finishing times must be confirmed at least 3 working days prior to the event.
5. COVID Restrictions – In the event that your scheduled mediation has to be cancelled due to government COVID restrictions, Karstens will cancel the mediation and no charges apply.
6. Commencement and Vacating of Rooms – The Client agrees to begin the mediation and vacate the designated conference space at the scheduled times agreed upon. Karstens charges a $100.00 per hour additional fee for bookings that run over the agreed time.
7. Guaranteed Numbers – Guaranteed number of participants are required a minimum of 3 working days prior to the event. Charges will be based on guaranteed numbers or final head count, whichever is greater.
8. Payment – Payment is due prior to or on the day of your mediation. Payments not received within 30 days after invoicing will incur a 2% monthly interest charge. Any costs associated with debt collection are charged to the client. Please note: If Karstens is unable to recover the account contribution from another party as a result of splitting the invoice, as you (the booking party-and therefore responsible for the full amount) have requested, then we will hold you (the booking party) responsible to pay for the full invoiced amount.
9. Prices – Will be confirmed by email as detailed in the “Booking Form”.
10. Security – Karstens will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to equipment or merchandise left on the premises prior to, during, or after the function. Our manager will be pleased to discuss arrangements with you.
11. Compliance – Clients will be responsible to ensure the orderly behavior of their guests and Karstens reserves the right to intervene where it sees fit.
12. Damages – Clients will assume responsibility for any and all damages caused during the function by any of their guests or any other person attending the event.
13. External Caterers – Clients are not permitted to bring in their own caterers or beverages unless prior arrangements with Karstens have been made. A charge will apply in the event permission is given.
14. Substitute Rooms – Karstens reserves the right to assign another room of similar standard or better to that previously booked at no additional cost for the mediation. In the event the room originally designated for such function is not available or inappropriate in the opinion of Management.
15. Displays and signage – Nothing is to be nailed, screwed or adhered in any way to any wall, door or other part of the building unless prior permission is granted by Karstens.
16. Deliveries – Equipment or documents delivered for a mediation must be directed to the attention of the conference coordinator with the mediation name and date clearly stated. Equipment or documents delivered prior to the start of the mediation cannot be stored unless prior arrangements have been made. All deliveries should be made Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm to:
Auckland: level 4, 205 Queen Street, Auckland 1010 NZ
Perth: level 1/111 St. Georges Terrace, Perth 6000 WA
Melbourne: level 9, 123 Queen Street, VIC 3000;
Sydney: level 1, 111 Harrington Street, The Rocks, NSW 2000;
Brisbane: level 24, 215 Adelaide Street, QLD 4000
17. Circumstances beyond the control of Karstens – Should Karstens be unable to provide for your Event due to circumstances beyond our control, Management is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
18. Items not collected – Any items that have not been collected after the function will be disposed of within 14 days